As we approach our tenth anniversary, Next Stage has accomplished much since it was founded. We have worked with more than 200 nonprofits across the Carolinas to build game-changing strategy and the organizational tools to realize those plans.
In recent years, we’ve advanced a new theory of change for our company focused on “working at the intersection of social impact.” We believe making advancements on the challenges facing society requires collaboration across many sectors, working together to achieve collective goals. A critical component to that work is nonprofit organizations that are built to center inspirational ambition, facilitate trust with constituencies, and demonstrate measurable outcomes.
We are seeking a talented professional and social change agent to join our team and lead our portfolio of work with nonprofit organizations. This hybrid role based in Charlotte, NC is an ideal opportunity for a professional with consulting experience interested in joining a growing social impact company.
Next Stage has built its reputation working with nonprofit organizations, providing consulting services focused on optimizing business models and increasing impact. While the company has evolved its services and theory of change over the years, its commitment to the critical role of nonprofits remains steadfast.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Impact for Nonprofits will lead Next Stage’s strategic planning and organizational strengthening services for nonprofit clients. This multifaceted role calls for a shrewd strategy mind, exceptional active listening skills, an ability to connect with a wide variety of constituents, adept facilitation capability to lead task forces in establishing organizational direction, and a strong writing skillset for client deliverables. While a tall order, it is also the skillset of our exceptional team of consultants and associates. You will be joining other “social good unicorns” who thrive on helping turn ambition into reality.
- Lead strategy and strengthening for a rolling portfolio of nonprofit clients, with specific focus on strategic planning, programming optimization, operational processes, external relations, staffing design and governance best practices
- Engage in discovery for clients to include primary research (e.g. stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys) and secondary research (e.g. trend research, landscape analysis, agency data)
- Create written assessments for clients consolidating research into findings, recommendations, concepts for consideration and questions for planning
- Facilitate series of planning sessions (called “intensives”) with client task forces (staff, board and guests) to explore assessment and establish direction
- Create written strategic roadmaps and in-depth project management plans to support the implementation of planning concepts
- Onboard planning tools with client including board, staff and key constituencies
- Support implementation services as contracted, which may include ongoing project management across a wide variety of services and supports in partnership with client staff
- Participate alongside Next Stage’s CEO in new business development activities
- Attend community events and engage in networking on the firm’s behalf
- Research organizations, sectors and trends to stay contemporary with the needs of organizations across the Carolinas
- Participate in firm-wide thought leadership activities including topical report development, workshop facilitation and other efforts as assigned
- Participate in weekly team meetings and share progress on internal and external projects
Desired Qualifications & Competencies
- 10+ years of experience at the manager/director level, with previous consulting experience preferred
- A commitment to the mission of strengthening the social good sector
- Deep, demonstrated experience in the nonprofit system
- Ability to manage and prioritize a portfolio with multiple clients and projects
- Must be a collaborative team player who can also work independently
- Ability to interface with clients and adaptable project manager for engagements with nonprofit organizations.
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Experience across the social good business model including program design, governance, human capital and culture, partner development, resource development and marketing
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, project management and productivity tools (i.e. Asana, Slack, CRMs)
- An established network in the Carolinas is a plus but not a requirement in favor of consulting experience for nonprofits in other geographies
Base salary range is $110,000-$125,000. In addition to a competitive base salary and retirement benefits, Next Stage offers performance-based bonuses based on company profitability.
Next Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Next Stage encourages candidates of all groups and communities to apply for this position.
Send all inquiries, nominations and applications via email to Next Stage (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must include a custom/compelling cover letter and CV to be considered for the role. Please also indicate where you learned of the opportunity. Please note that only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
A PDF version of the job description is available here.